Monday, November 13, 2006

What Would Jesus Do

That is an old and I think over commercialized saying, but it is the name of a class that Jim and I are taking at our church. It may be over commercialized, but I have to tell ya, when you start asking yourself that when things arent going exactly your way or any tough situation, it is amazing how short one comes up. And how tough it is to KNOW what Jesus would do and actually do it.

For some reason this Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up is being VERY stressful to me. I cant quite but my finger on the reason for it, but one thing I am sure of is that Jesus would not want me to be stressed. But how,, oh how, does one just shake stress off like a loose robe? It wants to stick like super glue. For one thing, I really do miss being to work only 4 days a week. Just having that extra day for all my working days except for the last 6 of my life was so nice. The older I get the more I want that back.

I know that one thing that is on my mind at all time is my kids. Oh yes, they are full grown and have families of thier own, but let me tell you that doesnt stop you from being a mother and being concerned for them and thier families. Sometimes the Mom in me wells up and I think "If they would only do what I know they should be doing". But then I know that I didnt always do what my parents "knew I should be doing". I am concerned for both my kids. I see them both under heavy loads and I am concerned for thier mental and physical health. I wish that I could give them the time that they need to "get away" by themselves to rest in God and learn what He is wanting them to know and to just be refreshed. Where/How do I let go of all this? What would Jesus do? I dont know other then I know that he wants me to pray for them and that I do. I try to help them out physically and financially as much as I can, but I have to face it,,, I cant do it all for them. So in the end what choice do I really have but to leave it all in God's hands, knowing that he cares for them and loves them even more then I do.

So I will face tomorrow trying to do what Jesus would do in every area of my life and pray that I please Him

Blessings
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home