Thursday, October 26, 2006

Back from a short vacation

Hey world, I'm back. I can tell from all your responses to my posts that you have really missed me. (laughing hard here).

Anyway, it was good to get away. We went to the Ammana Colonies in Iowa. It was such a great history lesson, and we expierienced a German communal meal. Yep, they will serve it to even just 2 people. However, there was enough food there to feed 6 or 8. I had sauerkraut salad and wow was it good. And the restaurant even gave me the receipe. I am going to make it sometime for the family. We stayed at a B&B that was an old communal house at one time. Very quaint. Our bed was so high I had to use a stool to get into it, and I am not kidding. We had a hottub/whirlpool in our room and oh that was luscious too. After 2 days there we headed up to Tonja's were we celebrated Lukes (my grandson) 4th birthday. What a little man he is in that house full of women. I really feel kinda sorry for him at times. I am happy that he goes to a daycare with rough and tumble boys. Sunday we went to church with Tonja and family and then we went to New Glarus WI where we learned about the Swiss that settled there. Another interesting bit of history. Monday, we got to have Tonja all to ourselves. So we took her to House On The Rock (really close to her house) . It is an interesting collection of a little of this and a lot of that. I walked the whole 2 1/2 miles with my new knee and it made it. It was a little sore for the next couple of days but today it is good as new, and even stronger I think. From House On The Rock we went to Mt Horeb to the mustard museum and where they sell a thousand different mustards. I have a new favorite for ham/poulty It is called Cranberry mustard. MMMMMMM good. Then we went home and Monday night we went to see Maurissa and Emmalee in thier chorale/band concert at the school. They are very talented young and beautiful women. Tuesday morning it was pack up and back to Minnesota. It was a good trip. So glad that we had the opportunity to go while Jim was off work for those days.

As much as I enjoyed all that we saw and did, it was good to get home to our bed. It welcomed us and craddled us (memory foam toppers are the best thing for sleep in the world) and the mornings since have been rough getting up. This weekend we go back to standard time so it should be easier in the mornings. I dont know why they mess with the time. I am all for just leaving it at daylight savings time all year round.

Anyway, that is what I have been up to. Take care all,,,,

Blessings
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home