Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Dentist

Now if anyone knows me they know that going to the dentist is about one of the least favorite things for me to do,,, Yup,, even just the 6 month check ups. I hated dentists so much that at one point in my life (oh maybe about 12 or 15 years ago, I hadnt gone for about 5 years). I chipped a tooth then and was forced to find a dentist and looked through the yellow pages and found one that said "Gentle Dentistry". I thought I would give it a try. It was a woman, and she was just getting started. She and her assistant greeted me when I came in and I had to fill out a form. At the bottom was a place to add any additional comments. Mine were "I hate being here. This is the worse place on earth I could be. I am scared to death". The dentist Dr. Hubert, looked at it and said "Oh my, we will be gentle" AND,,,,,,,, she was. I no longer white knuckle it when I go but still not a favorite thing for me to do. Today was check up day. I was afraid that they were going to find something wrong, but after scraping, proding, measuring and polishing I was given a "all is good" from the dentist. Ahhhhh,,,, those words are music to my ears.

Blessings!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home