Monday, October 30, 2006

The Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday Jim and I volunteered to man the pumpkin patch which is a fund raiser for the youth of our church. It was he and I and one of the gals from the youth group. Justine is her name. What a spunky sweet gal she is. Was fun to get to know one of the kids anyway.

We sold about $300 worth of pumpkins and gourds in 4 hours. What a hoot. Now they were more expensive then at the supermarket, but it was a fund raiser after all. It was neat hearing how some of the people who didnt even go to our church, would rather pay more for thier pumpkins and help out the kids then to get them elsewhere. What a blessing that is.

I got myself a $9 pumpkin, that I do not intend to carve. Instead I am going to bake it and freeze the pumpkin so that I can make pumpkin pies, and bars and breads.

Eric, Kim and the kids stopped by for a little visit and they were so helpful for that short time they were there. Carrying pumpkins to the car, taking pictures of a family and Faith and Joe playing with the little kids. Thanks guys,, we and the youth really appreciated that!!! After that they went to our home and they raked leaves for us. Thanks again!! When we got home a little after 4, Kim had hot pizza's ready for us. It was a good day. I was really tired last night tho, with being outside in the cool and windy weather, and the time change difference, I was in bed by 8:30. But didnt sleep until 9:30.

I hate time changes,,,,, wish they would leave it one way or the other. I heard that next year they plan to go to daylight time the 1st of March and stay on it until the end of November. Now I ask, why bother changing for 3 months??

Blessings to all

Sandi

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just loved being there for the short time we were. The kids wanted to stay and help but I didn't know if they'd be more of a help or a hinderance. *lol* :) You gotta love their hearts.
XOXO

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home