Tuesday, November 14, 2006

MICE and lack of sleep

Well here it is midnight and I am awake.... Why? Cuz there has been a mouse in the house. He has been a crafty one and getting out of all the traps I have laid for him. BUT,,, tonight, he got stuck on the one glue trap I had out. I was sleeping and heard some flapping in the kitchen. I pushed Jim and asked him to get up and take care of it,, but noooooooo.... He stirred and grumped and went back to sleep. Well, I cant leave this mouse struggling on the sticky pad so up I got!!! By this time the adrenolene is starting to pump. I turn on the light on the kitchen and there is the mouse. So I took (of all things that I could find) an almost empty roll of paper towels and whacked at it a couple of times (how stupid can I be, will a paper towel wrapper kill a mouse?) The answer is no, but that didnt deter me, after a couple of whacks and it still rose to get off the glue pad I whacked it a couple of more times, this time it stayed down. (I think it just didnt want to get whacked with a paper towel roll again!!!) So I got a plastic bag and the dust pan and got it into the plastic bag. I rolled it up as tight as I could allow myself to do for fear I would feel it in there. Then I got another plastic bag and rolled it in it again. Then I thought I am not sure it is dead yet so I laid it on the floor and I whacked it with my cane about 10 times. I hope it is dead. I didnt check, but I threw the bag into the garage and hopefully tomorrow morning there will be a dead mouse in it!! Well after all that, sleep is no where near to being close to me, so here I am on the computer, and Jim is sleeping like a baby!!! Where is my Knight In Shining Armour when I need him????

Hoping to get some sleep tonight
Sandi

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure this wasn't all as funny as it sounds but thanks for giving us (Eric, Faith and myself) a good laugh over here!!! What an experience!!

XOXO
Kim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home