Friday, September 15, 2006

Early Morning Phone Call

When my cell phone rings before 7 in the morning, my first thought is, "Hope Jim is OK". As he is the main one to call my cell phone. But this morning it was my daughter. With good news and at the same time it brought tears to my eyes.

She told me that my granddaughter was in a play about drug/alcohol use abuse at her school. She told me she had done such a fantastic job. She is going to video it for me. Thank you!! Then she told me that she more then likely has a full time job. Right where she has been working virtually full time for almost 4 years with no benefits (now most of this was by her choice). But I am happy for her that now she will be getting holiday, vacation and sick pay. PTL!!!

The tears came after I hung up. I thought how I would love to be able to travel the 4 hours it takes to get to thier home to see the grand kids in all the activities they are involved in. Then I thought of Gil and how he would have loved to see those 2 beautiful, talented, teenage granddaughters of his that adored him. I thought of all he was missing out on. He loved his grand kids with a passion and my, I can just imagine him with Joe and Luke. Wow,, that would have been something to see. I feel bad for them that they wont be able to expierience "Papa Hugs". But,, I have a hope!!!!! That hope is that one day when we are all reunited in heaven that he will know his grandkids and give them ALL that "Papa Hug" that they all so deserve.

Blessings to all
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home