Monday, September 11, 2006

Living in Minnesota with a Tiger/Lions Fan

Who would have ever thought that sports would become an issue in my marriage. BUT,,, I am a die hard Minnesotea Vikings and Twins fan, and Jim having been reared in Michigan is a Michigan sports van. (Now personally I think he having lived in Minnesota for about 30 years makes it time he change allegiance. He has lived here many more years then he lived in Michigan)!! Sorry Honey, but it is how I feel (^_^)

Last Friday night we actually got in a tiff over the Twins/Tigers game. After thinking about it for a while I told him that he maybe should take his son to the game with him on Saturday night as we had tickets for the game and I didnt want us fighting in the stands. He said I should take someone. By Saturday we had both calmed down, and we went to the game together, and in spite of the Twins winning the game, he was a real trooper through it and I guess my cheering for the Twins didnt bum him out as we didnt get in a "tiff" at the game or after!!! It was a good close game with one bad call that I guess in the long run I have to cede to him, but it was a mute call as there was no scoring as a result of the call.

Sometimes I wonder why it is such a big deal in our marriage, but it is. I guess most women are not sports fans and they hardly pay attention to what sport thier husbands are tuning in to, but not so with us, and I am a sports fan and a pasionate one at that.

So,, the saga goes on. We hope to get this worked out one way or the other!!!

Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home