Friday, August 25, 2006

Choose you this day who you will serve

This morning as I sit at my computer putting down thoughts for me ,and really for the world to see as they are here on the web, I could find things that would make me say "Forget it". Forget being a good wife, forget trying to be a good mother to adult children, forget being a loving step-mom, forget being a good grandma, forget being be a loyal employee, forget being mindful of others and thier cares and losses, and the one that would be the worst of all, forget following the path God has set for me.

BUT - - - - - - - - - - - - TODAY - I choose to follow Christ.

In doing that, I put to death the old man that screams for satisfaction of the old man and all his desires (jealousy, selfishness, self pity, crassness, a sharp tongue, stroked ego, glutony, and the list could go on and on).

Instead I put on the armor of God. Eph 6: 10-12 10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

The armor: Belt of truth - To me this is taking captive my thoughts and take only into my mind what is truth, not what I surmise or think might be the truth, or the what ifs... Only the truth of any situation.

Breastplate of Righteousness: To me this is praying and asking God to cover you with his blood that is the only thing that can ward of the attacks of satan.

Shoes of peace: To me this means that I will not stir up strife, instead, I will through prayer and reading of the Bible attempt to bring peace where my feet tread.

Shield of faith: This one is hard, because it require no physical action on my part but to believe that God is for me and that he sent his son to bring me victory and I do have victory through Jesus Christ It should be the easiest, but it is hard for me to take my thoughts captive and just trust.

Helmet of Salvation and Sword of the Spirit: The word of God. To stay in it, to make it a priority to read God's word and ask him to open the scriture to me and to believe that even if I am not getting great manifestations, I am being immersed in the word and it is being planted and taking root.

And verse 18 of Eph 6 tells us to " pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. "

Notice how it says to keep praying for all the saints. It doesnt say keep praying for yourself, which I know we need to ask God to help us, but it is in the caring of others, that many many times, we find what we need for ourselves.


Last night Jim and I spent the night with the 60+ group from our church called Second Wind. I like that name for a couple of reasons. It implies that even at our age we are not done, that we have something yet to give to the body of Christ, also it reminds me of the Holy Spirt as when it first arrived it arrived as a wind. Anyway, I digress, we have attened this small church for a little over a year and have met many of these people and exchanged pleasantries in the entry, but last night as we gathered we took time to share a little about ourselves. These people that I saw as pure and wonderful saints (which they indeed are) some of them came from rough tough back grounds. What a testemony to God's wonderful saving power as he transformed these lives into saints they are today. My heart was so encouraged. God IS and he IS powerful and able to do far more then I could think or ask. I am so grateful that He in his mercy called me and gave me the grace to accept that great and wonderful gift of salvation.

So today, I choose to follow Christ. I will give him praise at the good, I will intercede for those that are down trodden, I will call on his name in the time of temptation, and I will to the best of my ability share Christ and his love where I go.

Blessings to all who share this blog with me

Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home