Friday, August 11, 2006

Back to work

Well it has been 7 weeks since my knee replacement and I am back to work full time. I am walking most of the time without my cane now. I take it with me mostly because it is like a security blanket. I am awaiting my vim and vigor to return. Last night I had a little burst of it but it didnt last but 30 or 45 minutes. But I have faith that it will return.

Today the administrative assistant and I were the only ones at work after 11 AM. One of the guys told Sue that she could leave anytime she wanted to. So at 1:30 we packed up and shipped out. I had to stop at the bank of course (still doing that from the fiasco we had while I was gone) and I got home about 2:15. Havent done much since I got here. Put my feet up for a bit and then decided I would blog.

I want to see a couple of movies. Maybe Jim and I will go to one this weekend. I need to do some shopping too. Last week before Tonja went home she and Kim rearranged the living room for me. I think it seems more welcoming now. Anyway, it leaves a big wall above the couch empty and very bare looking. We went to HOM furniture and looked for lamps. Because the company that was making the chair that we ordered screwed up twince they had given us store credit. So we got a floor lamp and a table lamp and a sofa picture. Now that needs something to go with it, and I kid you not, I am the worst decorator. I do need someone with a creative eye to go shopping with me. Tonja also informed me that the little window topper that I put on top of the bay window when I had it put in was just to be a temporary thing and it has been there 3 years. That is temporary, isnt it??? (^_^) So I need to consider something for that too. I wish I had a decorators mind, but I sure as hootin do not.

Being married to Jim has made me more interested in sports. I always thought the Twins were OK, but man I find myself really pulling for them. With the Detroit Tigers (Jims passion) leading our division that could get to be a point of contention in our house. Even tho I like the Twins, I am not as passionate about them as I am about the Vikings. I am so excited to be hearing things about the team on the sports new. It will be an interesting year with all new coaches and many new players. Its a toss up as to what to expect. Time will soon tell.

Well I guess I am done rattling for today. Hey to all of you who read!! Feel free to post your reactions!!

Hugs
Sandi

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM , Blogger Pat said...

It is so great to here that your knee is better.
I guess we all get impatient huh and want to be back to normal as soon as possible.

Heck...one day you just will be normal and forget how long it took to get there. Happened to me after lung surgery so I know.

Gosh..I think someone could give me all the "Right" stuff to decorate a room...all co-ordinated and trendy and I could still mess up doing a room. I think a decorating sense is something you are born with..like an ear for music or crafty hands. I got one of those but lost out on the decorating one. The best I can do is sorta stay within a color family. But shades of that color get tricky..lol.

Sports.........BLEH!!!!

I only used to watch roller derby cuz it was funny seeing who could knock down the most people when it was really who was the fastest skater. I also like watching eating contests which I heard they might make an olympic sport. Now that is one that I could of been good at when younger..ROFL.

Hang in there and time will pass and one day that knee will feel like yours.

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Sandi said...

Hey,, Thanks for the post. I hope that one day soon the knee will feel like mine, that I can turn in bed, bend, squat and not thing about "the leg". I am not using the cane much at all anymore.. So that is another milestone I guess.

I am tired tonight, so going to hit the sack soon.

Sandi

 
At 12:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya, mom! Glad to hear this, as I somehow don't talk to you much anymore... Sorry about that. I know it's only a phone call away, but I can't call you when I get home from work. *shrug*

Anyway, love you lots, and Praise God for your speedy recovery!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home