Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Being Surprised

Saturday was a fun day for me. Well the whole weekend was. My daughter from Wisconsin came to town on Friday night. I just dont get to see them enough. She told me she was coming here to allow her 2 teenage daughters who have summer birthdays to celebrate them here by going to Valleyfair and to the Mall of America. I thought that was a great idea. Well Sat was suppose to be MOA day. They were very slow at getting out of the house and then Jim told me he wanted to take me out to lunch. So we went to pick up a birthday gift for my oldest grand daughter and they didnt have what I wanted so we had lunch and then I wanted to go to this other store. Well, on the way home Jim didnt turn where he was suppose to turn and I asked him where in the world he was going. He smiled and said, "Just be quiet and let me drive for once" (Like I tell him how and where to drive often!!!!!) Then he turned on to this small street and I asked him if he had alzhimers cuz I had no idea where we were going. Then he pulled into this park. I figured he had lost it. Then I looked at the people in the park and recognized my daughter and and brother in law and then it hit me "A Surprise 60th Birthday Party for - - ME" Because my birthday isnt until the end of the month, I really was surprised. I was thinking they might do something like that, but I didnt think they would do it early.

It was fun I have to admit. Several of my friends and lots of family were there and it was so good to see them all and have cake and lemonade with them.

They say, you can tell if you are really young or getting old as that is when people throw birthday parties for you. This is the first one I have had in years, and since I am over 16 I guess I must be entering the old stage of my life - - CRUD!!!!! But,,, hey it is good to celebrate them!!

Sunday we did have a family birthday party for Issa and Emma, and then yesterday they went to Valleyfair. They had a beautiful day to be there and they had lots of fun. Issa came down with a cold and laryangitis (spelling) but she told me she still had a great time.

One sad thing happened at my party, my little grand daughter Abbe fell of some playground equipment and she broke her wrist. I hurt so bad from head to toe. She told me that we should have had my party at Chuckie Cheese (a pizza place) then she would not have broken her arm. I agreed. The doc says that it will heal in about 3 weeks. I hope that is true and that she will be ready for school. Imagine that, the beginning of school is right around the corner. Where did summer go?

Thank you everyone who reads this blog and who came to help me celebrate. I love you all

Sandi


I certainly dont feel like I am 60 (well in my head, with recouping from this knee from time to time I feel old. I do hope that passes soon).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home