Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Time on my hands

I am at work, but not working. Not because I dont want to work, but because I dont have anything to do. So I am going to take a few minutes here and just put down some thoughts.

Jim and I have been trying to decide what we are going to do for a little vacation this year. My knee replacement kinda blew our summer. I am hoping that next year, this knee will be wholly mine, not swelling and stiff and giving me no pain. Anyway, we have kinda decided in October when Jim has off 4 days, we will use those 4 days and the weekend to get away. We wont be going far, into Iowa I think and then maybe over to see my daughter and family as she tells me she wont be back to Minnesota until Christmas. I am looking forward to that.

This week has been a quiet week. Just going to work and coming home and doing the mundane, making dinner cleaning up after dinner, doing PT and watching some TV and then bed. Sometimes mundane is good. I have enjoyed this week. Is that a sign of getting old that mundane becomes good. Maybe it is just that I still dont have all my umph back after the surgery. Every once in a while there is a few minutes of it and I think,, ah huh,, this is it,, but then it is gone and all that I did in that short time leaves me feeling tired not just for a few minutes but into the next day. I pray that God will restore my energy as well as complete use of my knee.

This week has been hard in some ways tho. So much news of disease and death. A freind of mine lost his wife the first of August. She became sick June 30th and passed away Aug 1st from auto immune hepititis. Another friend has been battling lung cancer and now is in hospice. My brother in law has been having pain in his legs, and this after he has battled bladder cancer, and now he is going in for a bone scan to see if there is bone cancer. Is there just so much more sickness and disease in the world, or is it that I am getting older and therefore hear of it more?

It can all be so discouraging. But this one thing I know, God is for me and if God is for me then who can be against me. I go to Him daily and ask for strength and guidance as I live this life I have been given.

Blessings to all

Sandi

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger Pat said...

I think that as we age we get mellower and want a less hectic life.

Today hubby decided to take a long ride ( about 1/2) to show me a small fountain he saw near his work. Along the way he pointed out several things he thought were interesting. All this was after another long ride to a nearby town that usally is all closed and boarded up for Sunday but some stores were actually open. I forgot to mention the fact that we also had to go back home (15 min) to get a map he printed but forgot and we were lost.

My point...I loved it. Actually enjoyed it.

Now years ago..heck..last year maybe I would have fussed and fumed first cuz he forgot the @#$%& map and then scoffed at the silly little fountain he showed me. But I guess either I have learned or mellowed. It was important to him and actually...what else is better than actually listening to what your mate finds interesting.

Life is easier and less hectic when I decide to make different things the focus instead of fighting them.

Less stress created by myself means we are both happier.

Of course I still will on occasion think him silly but learned to shut my trap about it...LOL

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Sandi said...

Awwww,, contentment,,,, isnt that what we all strive for in life. I am so happy that you have found that with some of Gary's "strange" behaviors. Good that you can enjoy some of his interests. Maybe someday you will really look forward to going for drives with him and seeing a bit of life through his eyes. Hard to do but I am sure it will bring great contentment and satisfaction

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home