Saturday, July 22, 2006

Recovering

Well it has been one month and one day since my knee replacement surgery. Yesterday I had a melt down. Starting Thursday night I was so totally exhausted, I went to bed and slept all night and slept as well as I can these days. I woke up feeling like I could hardly get out of bed, so I didnt. I decided not to go to work. I had brought some work home with me, so I did that and stayed in bed and cried for probably half the day. I felt like I was never going to get completely well. Altho when I look back from where I was the day after the surgery to where I am now I know I have come a long way. I guess I had false expectations of how quick the recovery would be. I know that the doctor told me I would be off work for 4 - 6 weeks and in reality, I started working from home 10 days after the surgery. In retrospect, I do think I went back a bit too soon. I was back in the office the 3rd week. I have not made it a full day yet and I dont expect this week will be full days, but I am aiming to extend the hours I am there. I think that my body has not had enough rest. I really do. When I went to the physical therapist on Thusday she told me that I was doing so well. That I was strong and doing extremely well and my knee I got to bend to 109 degrees. I do walk around the house without a cane over half the time, but when I go out, I still feel I need that bit of security. Anyway, the physical therapist asked how often I did the PT and I told her twice a day. She told me that was OK, but that I should not do it more often then that as the body needs time to heal too. Sooo, maybe my taking yesterday to just rest was OK. Today I made waffels for breakfast and helped Jim clean up the kitchen, I went to Costco with Jim and when I came home, I cleaned the bathroom and mopped the kitchen floor. I was REALLY tired when I was done with that. Anyway, that is where I stand with the road to recovery.

Tonight we went to a Chinese buffet. I dont think I overate, but my body is not reacting well to that food. My belly has been complaining almost since we got home and I and the bathroom has been my home about half the time. UGH!! Hope this gets over with soon. NOT fun.

It is my grand daughters birthday today. She is 15. I tried to call her but she was out on a walk with her friends. In a bit I am going to try again and see if the phone is not busy. With 2 teenagers in that household, it is hard to find a time thier phone isnt busy.

Well just an update for anyone who cares.

Hugs
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home