Friday, July 28, 2006

Hot - And The Living Aint So Easy

I dont know where this blog entry is going, but I just felt a need to write.

WEATHER - The weather here in MN is beastly hot and not rain. The grass that isnt being watered is brown and prickly and we are told not to water more then for 15 min every 3rd or 4th day. I hardly think that will keep our lawns alive. But our lawns are not the problem. If they go dormant,, so be it, but my heart goes out to the farmers who make a living on getting timely rains. It seems that in the upper midwest this summer, it is drought or a dilouge of rain. Wonder if it is a sign of the times. With all the fighting that is going on in the mideast and the starnge weather, the book of Revelations seems to be coming to life!!!

RECOVERY - My recovery from knee replacement surgery is coming along good. Next Monday I go back to my doc for the follow up check up. I hope he is pleased. The physcial therapist is happy with my progress (I of course wish it were more, impatient me). Yesterday when I was there, I got my knee bent to 115 degrees. That is the desired bend the doctors want you to eventually get back to,, and I made it!!!! That called for pizza last night. We have eaten out very little since the surgery, in my last blog I told of the bad reaction I got from the last time, but last night it was good.

MONEY - - - The love of it really is the root of all evil. The lack of it casues hardships. The want of it causes us to be envious and overspend. Abundance of it can make people gluttons in all areas of thier life. No wonder the Bible talks about money alot!!! The one thing I do know is that with God's help we need to be in control of it. We need to bow our wants and desires to God, and not indulge ourselves in things that we neither need or can afford. Be it a $1 item or a $10,000 item. Seems to be a hard lesson to learn!!

WORK - I really feel like I am a most blessed person in my job. In fact, I KNOW that my job is a direct gift from God. I have fantastic bosses and I enjoy my work very much. This past week was a challenge for me however. One of our banks somehow lost the first 10 days of our rental receipts. This of course is when the majority of our rental income comes in. They have looked all over for them, including Oregon where one employee told them they were sent (why?? beats me) and finally told us that we needed to contact all the writers of those checks and have them stop payment and reissue. One good thing is that they are going to reimburse any stop payment fees that will be charged. Also today, the bank sent me flowers. Wishing me a speedy recovery and an appology for all the work. That was very nice of them. The deposit drama made my return to work after the knee surgery,,,,,, well, very interesting to say the least!!

Well I guess that is about all that I am going to ramble on about for now. I pray that today God will bless you and make you aware of His prescense in your lives.

Hugs
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home