Monday, June 28, 2010

Walking with the "Pride" people

Yesterday we went to Augsburg College in downtown Minneapolis to Jim's son' graduation. It was a proud day for Jim and me too. (The only part that was not so good was that they had a politician give the keynote address, which of course as you all may know was a political rally for himself,, UGH) After the graduation it was decided that we would have lunch downtown as Jon's wife who works down there had to go to work soon. So we drove down there and realized it was the "Pride" weekend in Minneapolis. Well we found a $10 lot to park in and then walked to Hennepin Ave where all the pride people were walking. And I was wearing a purple shirt walking right along with them (^_^) We got to the cafe only to find out it was a 2 hour waiting time, so the downtown cafe was nixed, so it was walk back the other way with my purple shirt on to get back to the car where we, even tho I tried, I was not able to coerce the the guy into giving our money back as we were there only 10 minutes, but he said no... (may the bird of paradise fly up his nose).

We ended up having a nice meal at a restaurant in the suburbs. I am not meant to be a Downtown Girl!!

1 Comments:

At 12:32 AM , Blogger Tonja said...

Oh mom, you make me smile. I love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home