Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday

Ahhhhhhhhhhh a Saturday with no demands and no place to go but those places we want to go. I didn't get up until 8 then Jim and I had coffee and muffins on the deck and sat and talked until 10:30!! The time flew. It was a perfect morning and I guess we had some catching up to do. I wouldn't trade a minute. Then it was in the house and I made a rhubarb/strawberry pie. I think I have this one down pat,,, finally after trying about 10 different recipes and having to throw alot of them away. After then it was my choice to micro clean our bedroom. Man does it smell nice and fresh in there now. Then it was on to the bathrooms and bless Jim's heart he got on his hands and knees and got the floors scrubbed for me.

Then I decided I wanted to find some pictures for the reunion book that my dear daughter in law is working on and I couldn't find either of them that I was looking for. However, you have to know there are probably 30 albums to go through and once you start those things time gets away from you all too fast. I think that is alot, but I know that is only a fraction of the photo albums that my sister Judy has. Thank God for digital!!

Anyway, I called Judy and told her the pictures I was looking for, and she was quite sure she knew where she had a copy of both pictures I wanted (one of mom and dad and us 8 kids and then one of Viv and her first husband), she is sooooooo organized. So we chit chatted for a bit and then it was time to make dinner. After dinner Jim and I went out and finished planting the planters on the deck, so now all that is done. Now God and mother nature need to make things grow, as long we make sure they have the water..

Now I have taken my shower and as soon as Jim gets out of the shower, we will be having a piece of pie with some ice cream. Not so good just before bed,,, but I will make it small,, that is good, right??? (^_^)

Well that's all the chit chat I have in me tonight... just rambling here.

1 Comments:

At 4:53 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Sounds like a perfectly beautiful day. One you need more of. Your life is far too hectic sometimes. Always feels good to get stuff down around the house and have it smelling so good huh?

The reunion books sounds like a nice thing. Sweet of her to put all the time into it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home