Thursday, June 24, 2010

Disappointed

Well I left work early today, got home and was ready to go to Joey's game. Jim was just getting in the shower.. I thought "HUH"? You were home all day and knew I was coming home from work early so we could get to his game on time. Anyway at 5 we got in the car to travel 33 miles to see Joey's game at 6 , through rush hour. Well we were about half way there and my cell phone rings and it is my son. "Mom,, were are you?" Me.. "On the way to the game". Son "Oh man, sorry Mom, I for got to call you and tell you that I was going to pick up Kim from jury duty and we wouldn't make it to the game". Me "OK have a good nite". A big sigh of disappointment, but them what can you do?

So now we are half way to So St. Paul, and no dinner in our bellies, so we decide to take the first turn that will take us toward home. So we finally got to a restaurant at 6:30. We went to Olive Garden and so that was a good thing. So I guess I shouldn't be so upset that the Ole Boy was running late. Bless his heart he always is. I should know by now that I need to tell him 30 min earlier then I want to leave for anything.

After dinner we went to look for some decent lawn chairs. Let me tell you if you want some decent ones (i.e. ones I can get my big butt out of once I get in it) you have to pay a hefty little price for them. But,, now we have 2 lawn chairs that both Jim and I can get out of with out humpfing, and grunting. So all is good.

I was sooooo bored at work today I could have cried. Tomorrow doesn't look to be much better. I think I will take a book and a crossword book with me to work. Better then twiddling my thumbs. I get tired of surfing the net.

Well that's it for tonight.

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Certainly not a fun evening but maybe this will remind them to not repeat this mistake.

Good to find comfy chairs.

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger Tonja said...

Can't wait to come try out your chairs! : )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home