Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A borning afternoon at work

Well I have had not much to do today. Did a bit of filing and cut a check and closed out 2009 for a couple of the entities, I don't like to do it until fall really as you just never know when those CPA's decide they need to amend the previous year. BUT.. for these 2 it is too late.

I still feel stiff and sore from the yard work last night. I do not like it and don't do it often and I use muscles that I use only for that purpose and well they were not happy with me today. I got all the planting done except for the couple of pots I am going to keep on the deck.

I am glad to be having a long weekend. I want to get out to the cemetery this week to put flowers on Gil's grave. I will never go to Ft. Snelling on Memorial day again!! I went the first year after Gil passed away,,, I was in the cemetery and it took me 1 hour to drive to where Gil's grave was AFTER I got into the cemetery. I do not feel bad not going on Memorial Day. Gil would tell me that it is nuts to do that. So I will go out tomorrow night or Friday afternoon. It is sobering to go to that cemetery and realize that all those people there gave their life for our country. And that is just a smidgen of the people who have given their lives. Thank you our military personnel. I appreciate all you do for me.

I have been listening to Patchy's 50 and 60's music on line this afternoon. Wow, it sure does bring back the memories, and then I feel young until I am going to stand up and move. Then I am very aware that I am growing older.

I so want to loose some of this weight I carry around. I swear I have a gene in me that makes me want to eat stuff that is not good for me. Heck I like what is good for me too, so it isn't that, I just eat too much of it. I wonder of acupuncture would help with weight loss. I should check it out. Maybe there is some needle that would short circuit that want to eat urge.

Well I guess I am done rattling on and on.

5 Comments:

At 6:47 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

Mommy, I love you. I wish I was closer. I love to do the outside work. It's the inside work I hate. I miss you. Will asked what my plans were for this weekend, and I said, the only plan I have is to make potato salad. 8) lol. Anyways, wish we were spending it together.
Love you.
Tonja

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger Sandi said...

I cant tell you how much I hate that you are so far away. I would love to see Abbe and Luke in the parade :(

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger Sandi said...

I made it sound like everyone burried at Ft Snelling died in serving our country. They didnt, but all burried there HAVE served our country in protecting us.

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

I have the same gene. :)

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Funny how that gene is so dominant in so many huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home