Friday, April 16, 2010

Home - Heaven

Today is one of the days that I wish that I were going home.. to my eternal home. I feel so tired of fighting. Fighting weight, fighting pain, fighting for my rights, fighting emotions, fighting feelings, fighting guilt, you name it , it seems I am fighting it these days.

What would happen if I just quit fighting? I wonder. I cant imagine just letting go of everything that restrains me. For one I don't think it would be good for me and I don't think it would be good for the people around me, and I don't think that God would be too happy with me.

I should have stayed single, it would have meant a lot less things to fight. But then there would have been other things to fight I imagine... Is life all about fighting yourself?

Sandi

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Awwwwww...I just want to hug you. I do know how you feel though. I have been there and really..the best thing is to let go!! yes...just go with the flow and don't fight what you cannot change. I am still willing to trade and you know what I mean hehehehehe.

I am sure retirement will take a lot of strain off. Just cuz your boss is a little lenient now does not obligate you to not retire this year.

Go for it!!!!

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

I know the feeling mommy. You just get so tired. There probably are some things you should stop fighting. Some you shouldn't. I think the serenity prayer says it spot on,
"God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
The courage to change the things that I can;
And the wisdom to know the difference."

I am praying this for the both of us!

Here's hoping to see you next weekend.

Tonja

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home