Sunday, April 04, 2010

How Can Anyone Be So Blessed

Wow,, what a fantastic weekend. Tonja came on Thursday night with the 2 little ones. Eric and family came out on Friday night and stayed as they needed to be here Sat morning at 9:30 as they were singing with our little church choir this morning and we were doing dress rehearsal. They ended up staying Sat night too which is fine. We all had a good time. I DO NOT KNOW what I would have done with out Tonja. That girl is a real work horse. The Easter dinner today would not have happened without her here. She did most of the cooking yesterday to get ready for today. Thank you Tonja.

I am so blessed to have the family I have. I feel unworthy at times that I have been so blessed. But I do thank God for it.

This morning, we went to church and then it was home to a dinner of meatballs and gravy,, mashed potatoes (made yesterday and warmed up in the oven today - fabulous), ham, corn, peas, all kinds of fresh fruit, dinner rolls, and relishes, jello poke cake and carrot cake. It all tasted so good,

We were blessed to have Jim's son Nick and 2 children come and Jim's daughter Rebecca and family also come for dinner. Always great to have them here. The kids played together so well and had a ball doing the Easter egg hunt. The day was gorgeous here which added to the day.

We went on Skype and got to talk with Maurissa who is in Scotland. It was so great to talk with her and to see her. But after the talk, the tears rolled down my cheeks as she could not be here. But she is enjoying her time in Scotland. What an adventure for her.

All in all...I have to say "Thank you God for all the blessings".

1 Comments:

At 6:06 AM , Blogger Pat said...

You were indeed blessed to have such a day. I did have my brother over and that was nice.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home