Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stiff neck, mowers, luncheons, retirement, UGH

I feel like letting off steam about a whole host of things. First off I slept really good last night but I woke up with this stiff neck that is really driving me nuts. I can turn my head and all but there is this nagging ache at the base of my neck. I think a good long relaxing massage might do the trick. Kim and Eric gave me as a present a massage the day before Jim's and my wedding. It was the most wonderful thing I have experienced in a long time. It was for an hour and I told them, I don't think I can do it for an hour, but know what? When that hour was over, I said, done already? And wow,, the masseuse helped me up and I got dizzy and I had to sit there for a while, my whole body had gone into such a relaxed mode it hardly knew how to function. It was awesome.

Mowers: We just got ours back from a tune up. $90. That was about 3rd the price we paid for it. We should have gone out and bought a new one, as this one had only been used 2 years!!! Disgusting. It is terribly expensive to hire a lawn service, or I would do it. I keep saying it is good exercise for Jim and I but the thing is we both hate it so much. I suppose when we are retired, we can mow for 15 min and then rest and so on. But this working and keeping up a house and yard is hard, and I am ashamed to say so much just gets left until it HAS to be done.

Luncheons: Saturday our little church is having a Mother/Daughter luncheon. I am excited to be working on it as a lot of the women in the church wanted this. It has been fun planning it and getting it together. BUT,, there always seems to be a fly that gets in the ointment, and this time it came in the form of one of the gals that is part of the planning committee. I will go no further, but just a few comments can take the joy out of things, cant it?

Retirement: I so am looking forward to it. Yet I think, will we be able to make it if I retire? Part of my retirement funds are invested in stocks and we all know how volatile that can be. But then I look around and people my age or a bit older are getting sick and dying and never able to enjoy a day of retirement. Right now I am planning on retiring the end of 2012. I was going to quit on my birthday, but I would have earned too much money and would have had to pay back all my social security, so might as well work till the end of the year. Usually time goes fast as you get older, but I have to say these last few months have crawled by!!!

UGH: Just UGH

2 Comments:

At 3:03 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Time is going faster for me since G retired. I worried he would not find enough to do but he does. Being slow in most things helps. It keeps him out of my hair..lol.

Hang in there...the day will finally come and then...you can take your time doing everything too.

I do know full well how one person can ruin things in a group. Darn shame we can't annoy them enough to make them quit huh?

I have never had a massage. I am not fond of back rubs so not sure I would like one anyway.

 
At 9:32 PM , Anonymous Emmalee Myers said...

I would love to give you a massage when we come down this weekend, Mamma. I'm no masseuse but I can do what I can X). I know how it is, having that ONE person who just ruins the feel of things. I had a similar experience last week. Did Faith get sick of mowing the lawn? I wish I was closer so I could help :\...

And I know God will help you to find the most perfect time for retirement. I hope it's soon for all our sakes. :) Love you, can't wait to see you.

Emma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home