Monday, February 22, 2010

My Friend Marilyn

Today I lost a very dear Friend. Marilyn hadn't felt the best the last few weeks, a little tired, but attributed it to aging. And that did not keep her down. 2 Sundays ago, we talked in church. That week she went to the doctor and he told her she had cervical cancer. Last Tuesday, she saw the oncologist and they decided to do a CAT scan to see if it was anyplace in her body, and Thursday they decided on no treatment and called in hospice and at 11 this morning, she slipped from earth into the arms of God. I am so sad for me and for her family. This was all so fast.

Cancer is a horrible disease. It lurks in your body and you don't even know it working to destroy you. I pray for a cure for cancer and the early detection of it.

I will miss you Marilyn.... you were such an inspiration to me!!

Sandi

1 Comments:

At 6:29 AM , Blogger Pat said...

AWWWWW....Hugs to you at your loss. Losing a friends is not easy as it leaves a hole in our hearts and lives.

More and more I an subscribing to living life more fully. This spurs me on to attack my bucket list more aggressively. Yup..I got one. I think I will post it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home