Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Today

I just feel like writing a bit in my blog. Haven't in a while. I have been going through a depression. I went to the doctor and she gave me a prescription for something to help it, but you know, I really don't want to take another pill. As I have aged, it seems they want to add a new one every other year or so.. So I have not filled this prescription and I don't think I will be doing it. I seem to be crawling out of that hole. The sun seems to be shining (even though it is a cloudy day and a snowy and bad traffic day). I think the longer days help. I do not know how people survive in areas where in the dead of winter they have little to no day light. I am not sure I could. But

TODAY: It is snowy and the traffic was horrible, but I arrived at work safe and sound and because of the goodness of one of the fellows that shares our office and will be gone for a couple of months, I get to park in the warm garage. I am thankful

TODAY: Even tho I complained about getting up this morning and coming to work, I have a very good job and a boss that is second to none. I am thankful

TODAY: I am overweight and it has me down. Yet I live in a country where food is bountiful and every good and healthy food is available to me and I never go hungry. I am thankful

TODAY: I hate taking medications and wish I didn't have to, and yet I live in this country with the best medical care we can get in the world. I am thankful.

TODAY: I wish my house was spotlessly clean but it isn't but yet it is a good sturdy house that has seen us raise 2 great kids and 7 grandchildren and now 4 step grandchildren also grace us there. I am thankful.

TODAY: I am wishing I was independently wealthy yet I never have to go without anything I really need. I am thankful.

TODAY: I wish my husband was tall, handsome and the perfect handyman. But even tho he isn't those he is incredibly kind and good to me and loves me deeply. I am thankful.

TODAY: I desperately wish there were a different person as president of my country, but I am thankful that I have a vote in picking that person. I am thankful.

TODAY: I feel so undeserving of God's goodness. Yet he gave up His own perfect son Jesus Christ so that I can have eternal live. I am so thankful.

So it seems I cant find one thing to complain about that doesn't have a counter part that is way better then what I am complaining about...

TODAY is a good day,,,, and I am thankful

Sandi

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

You always have such a good attitude, and I feel uplifted after reading what you have written! Thanks mom!

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger jan said...

Sandi - that is wonderful! Thanks for that perspective! love you! jan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home