Friday, February 19, 2010

And Then I Was Laying Face Down In the Driveway

I have come to the conclusion that snowy, icy driveways and I do not get along. The last time it snowed, our snow blower was broken, so I helped Jim shovel, and the result was a sore back and an ankle that really really hurt for a few days. Well I got out of work early today, and it is a beautiful day here and there is still quite a lot of ice on the driveway from the Christmas storm we had. So I figured I would go and get some of it off as it has melted and ran under it and I wanted to get it up. I was almost done when down I went like a porcupine meat ball. I first tried to catch myself on my one hand and I thought, oh oh OH POOP, and down I went sprawled out for all the world to see. Good thing I was wearing pants and a jacket. I learned from the last time I fell on my replaced knee that I probably didn't hurt it, as this time, my hand actually broke the fall a bit. I had the shovel there and I got that sucker anchored in to a good valley of ice and I got myself back on my 2 feet and walked straight into the house. What is out there is going to have to melt on its own for as far as I am concerned!!! I am OK, but that ankle is hurting like the dickens again. DRATS.. I guess it doesn't have enough cushion there to protect it like the rest of my body!!!! I am thankful I am walking and OK.

Kids fall every day and it is no big deal to them. I cant remember falling not being a big deal. Well maybe at the state fair!!

That's all from Ms Cant Stay On Her Feet Even When She is Sober!!

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

Aw, mom, that stinks. I hope you are ok. I did have to laugh though. How, exactly, does a porcupine meatball go down? You crack me up.
:) Love you.

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Pat said...

I wondered that myself...a falling porcupine meatball?

But you learned a valuable lesson,,,,People like us DO NOT BOUNCE!!! Did you happen to loosen up the ice with that fall? ROFL..sorry...I am with Tonja on this porcupine meatball falling.

Now you have a real excuse to watch the Olympics without guilt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home