Friday, February 22, 2008

Honoring my Son

Today is my baby boy's birthday. I write this from my heart!!

A son!!! Oh my goodness, he is 9 lbs 14 1/2 oz??? And did you say 22 inches long? Whew
A son!!! Wow,, he is gorgeous
A son: He makes our family perfect
A son: He is so hungry all the time
A son: He learns so quickly
A son: He is only 9 months and his first word is "Exit" (oh oh too much time watching Electric Company)
A son: 10 months and walking Wow
A son: Only 3 years old and reading.. Amazing
A son: 3 1/2 years old and flying a kite and is hanging on for dear life and the string is burning his little hands, "But Mommy, I cant let go, I don't want it to fly away"
A son: He's only 5, how can I let him get on that big school bus and take him away from me
A son: Now 7 "Gil and Sandi, we think Eric should be put into our High Potential program "How
did he get so smart
A son: A note from his teacher age 8 (I think) "I think that Eric should try out for the
Land of Lakes Choirboys.. He did... he was accepted
A son: Age 11 "Why are the kids running up my sisters driveway,, whats wrong.. Gil takes the
car and comes and tells me come on we have to take Eric to the hospital. I get to the car
and see a cut on his neck almost from ear to ear. I pray,, Pray, PRay, PRAy, PRAY as we
drive the 50 miles to the nearest hospital. Many stitches later, he is OK.. Thank you Lord
A son: A few days later, Sending my son to Europe? Stitches in his neck? Yes, he goes to sing
with the LOL boys and comes home with many memories.
A son: Junior High... A trombone... where is the time going
A son: Senior High, no,, it cant be this soon, he is just my little baby boy
A son: One of the first Sophomores to make it into the strolling minstrel group at school
A son: A junior and is nominated by the high school to attend the all state music camp
A son: Graduation,,,, Where did the time go?
A son: Community Collage, Oak Hills Bible collage, Uncle Buck,
A son: Many jobs,,, Mom and Dad wondering,, "What will become of this talented young man"
A son: Takes a job with Panasonic,,,, does so well there
A son: Takes a wife and we gain a beautiful daughter in law and granddaughter
A son: Stands by me and helps me as we grieve together over the loss of his father
A son: A grandson......... So much like his Daddy
A son: One of God's greatest gifts to me

Happy Birthday Eric..... I love you and I am so very proud of you
Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home