Thursday, February 14, 2008

Is Life Ever Simple?

As I look over my life, I have to wonder if life has ever been easy. Oh yes it has been fun at times, but has it ever been easy? I suppose the easist time of my life was when I was a child and at that time I am sure I thought I had it rough, having to answer to my parents and taking insturction from them, good parents as they were.

But if I want to be truely honest, when I left home at 18 it wasnt easy. I left small town North Dakota and moved to the big city. Finding a job that I enjoyed was not easy, and then finding a roommate that I was compatible with wasnt easy.

Falling in love with Gil was easy and deciding to get married was easy. Oh we had many wonderful days and much much wonderful fun, but I cant say it was always easy. The long time that we waited to get pregnant wasnt easy. Being pregnant and deliverying the babies wasnt easy, although our daughter and son brought us so much love and fun, it wasnt easy. It was hard to be up at night with them when they had colic or they cried and you knew not why. It was hard to watch them grow up and head off to school, and grow independent. It was hard to discipline in love when many times it would have been easier to just give in.

It was fun to watch them get married but it was also hard, knowing that thier heart now was being shared with someone more important to them then you are.

It was fun to have grandchildren come into our lives.

Then sure as life, death came and that was I guess the hardest thing I have expierienced loosing my soul mate, lover and best freind, way before his time.

Then as our children and grandchildren grew, problems crept into thier lives and oh how hard it is to sit on the outside and watch.

So I guess even tho I am looking forward to retirement in the not too distant future, I am wanting for life to be easy. But as I look over my life, I see that even in the really good times, it isnt always easy. So I best not plan on it being easy.

But,, somehow we go on and we take one day at a time living with decisions we make and making the best of them. Right or wrong.

Well thats all I have in me that had to come out....

Sandi

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM , Blogger Tonja said...

Mommy:

I miss you. I wish just you and I could go on a mini vacation somewhere, even at a hotel or something. I just miss my mommy, and the days when things were simpler if not easier. Thank you for being such a good mom. I love you.
Tonja

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home