Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Darkest Just Before Dawn

If that statement is true, then dawn must be on my horizon. I feel like I have been sitting in a ribbon of blackness for the last few days. I do hope that it dawns soon. I know that we all have those times in our lives that seem so dark and hopeless, but thank God they dont stay.

Maybe it is this horrid cold weather we are having. This minus zero stuff is what we are to have in January and not the end of February. But it seems our weather in the whole world is being turned topsy turvey,,, maybe a sign of the times.

On top of some personal issues, our garage door opener decided to quit working and since Jim and I are both mechanically challenged (that is putting nicely, we cant fix spit) I guess that I will have to call a garage door company to come out and take a look at it and fix it or replace it. Isnt it something how we get so used to those little luxuries. I remember when Gil and I got our first garage door opener. We thought we were living in the big times. Now it is a common thing for all.

Tonja is living near Madison where they are having record snow falls and it isnt even March when the midwest traditionally gets dumped on with the snow. I guess this year that jet stream is stationed so that the snow hits that area. I think they have had something like over 90 inches of snow this season already. I feel bad for them, with no snow blower!!!

Well thats it for today...

Thanks for visiting,,, let me know you were here!!!

Sandi

2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

Dear Sandi,
Thank God you blog! I'm Tonja's old roomate from North Central! I think of Tonja often, but was never able to track her down! I can't tell you how excited I was to read your blogs and look at your family pictures. I just kinda came across your blog site doing a search. I'm so very sorry to hear about Gil passing away, I have great memories of your home on the weekends while at North Central. I am not a blogger at all!! So, I'm not sure what info I can leave on here like email or personal info, so for now I won't. Please say "Hello" to Tonja for me!!!

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Sandi said...

Hi Shelly,,, How wonderful to hear from you. I told Tonja that you had posted here and she is so excited. She lives in Merrimac Wi and her last name is Myers. I think you can find it on the web. If not my number has not changed since you gals were in collage and if you still have that number give me a call..
Blessings.
Sandi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home