Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Children

When Gil and I were first married, we tried for 5 years before we were blessed with Tonja and then 2 years later we were blessed with Eric. I know this has been written in many places and in many forms, but today, I want to empty my heart about children. Since those early days, I have had many children added to my life. A son and daughter-in-law, then 6 grandchildren. Then when Gil passed away, and I married Jim, I had 4 step children added to my life along with 2 daughters-in-law, a son-in-law and 5 grandchildren. Surely my quiver is full. They have all touched my life and blessed me.

When I was young I thought that I would raise my children and see them married and that would be the end of my responsibility to them. But I now know that is far from being what it is. In fact, right now, I need to be in prayer over my children and grandchildren and step children and grandchildren more then I ever had to for just my 2 as they were growing up. Of course those 2 are now multiplied by 12!! So I guess it stands to reason, that I will need to pray more. It is a privilege to pray for each of them. And when I know that things are going rough in thier lives to spend extra time in prayer and consideration for them is a way that I feel I am helping. So many times I feel like my hands are tied when I see them struggling. But when I go to prayer for them I KNOW that the creator of the universe is hearing my prayers and working in thier lives.

So as time has passed, I realize that my time of being a Mom hasnt ended, it has just changed how I do that mothering. In a physical way when I can, but every day I can go to thier and my Heavenly Father and place them in His hands and what better place to put them.

Peace and blessings to all who enter and read.
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home