Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Our Trip To Wisconsin

Here are some pictures I took while we were in WI. The story of the weekend is after them.
Abbe & Luke on the deck in the snow
And again, just cuz they are so cute
Tonja, Will and family outsde the Cracker Barrel
Grandpa J and I with the grandkids in the same spot
Twinsy, this one is just for you,,, kinda dark so I look better. HEHEHEHE

Last Friday (the 25th) Jim and I went to Tonja's to celebrate her birthday and to see Missy in her show choir. We had a beautiful trip down there. Had a few flakes of snow but nothing to even slow down traffic. However when we got to Tonja's it did start to snow a little. I had it in my mind to make pault for Tonja's birthday on Friday night. So I got that going. I must have been coo-coo. I made so many paults I think 26 of them. I forgot that Eric and Gil were not there. So there were alot of paults left over, as Jim, Will and the 2 little ones wont eat them. They just dont know what they are missing!!!! Anyway after dinner, Missy said she had nothing to wear the next day as she was hostess for one of the choirs that was coming to the school for the competition. I told her I would take her out and buy her something. Little did I know that it had started to REALLY snow out as it had gotten dark by this time. But away we went in Jim's car. Tonja, Missy, Will and I. I drove for a while and finally I told Tonja, I think we need to go back home. She said she would drive, and I said,, Oh,, OK. So we went on to Baraboo and we got Missy an outfit and headed home. Now you have to know that Tonja lives near the WI Dells and there are bluffs and hills all over on those narrow but paved roads. Well we got to this one hill and the car refused to go up it. So MIssy, Will and I got out and we pushed. She got going and as were running in the snow up hill to catch her. Well let me tell you this chubby old lady was about to have a heart attack and I was yelling for her to stop, but she kept on going. So Missy (bless her heart) ran up to her and told her I needed to get in the car. So I did and then Will and Missy pushed and got us going. I told her not to stop until she got to the top of the hill. Will and Missy gave us a little heck about that. But I didnt want to have to push again. So I told her that she had to not drive like a little old lady but when those long hills were coming up she had to have a little bit of speed to make it up them. We only had I think it was 2 after that and we made it. But I can tell you I was very happy to be back at her house that night with Jim's car in one piece and no dents!!



The next day was warm and by noon the roads were all clear of the snow. We took in the choir competition on Sat night (Missy was awesome!!) the whole choir was actually. We got home about 10:30 and we talked until about midnight. Sunday we got up and went to church and then went to the Dells and had lunch at the Cracker Barrel before we headed home. The weather was gorgeous all the way home, and I slept for about 1 1/2 hours. It was a good weekend, all in all.

Thanks for visitsing. Blessing to all who visit.
Sandi





1 Comments:

At 6:54 AM , Blogger Pat said...

Hey lady...stop hiding under grandkids and in the dark. I love you just the way you are. I did download the dark pic and lightened it up a bit so I could see the hair.

Nice color but not used to that length on you. I liked it better when you had a bubble cut..LOL. But then you liked me best with very short hair with cropped sides.

Actually I am thinking of going back to that cuz I think I agree it was the best cut but harder to maintain.

Keep posting pics and I will keep looking. LOVE then all.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home