Friday, August 17, 2007

Then It Was Friday

It is Friday today. It is a beautiful morning in Minnesota. Clear, clean skies and a cool breeze. I could have stayed in bed a long time this morning, just listening to the birds sing enjoying the breeze. But I had to go to work. Why? I wonder too. I have absolutely nothing to so on my desk. Oh I will find some busy work to do but nothing that is of any value to anyone.

Carol told me that she is going to retire next October. I wonder who will become the new property manager. I hope and pray it will be someone that I work well with. Of all 4 other people here, I interact with her more then anyone else. I at that time will be on my way to becoming 63. When I turn 63, I am going to approach my bosses with allowing me to work only 4 days a week. If they say no, I am going to seriously consider taking early retirement and then find some part time job somewhere. Those are my plans, but as life is we never know what twists and turns will be coming our way up until that time.

I have been sewing again, and I realize how much I have really missed that. I am so looking forward to undertaking some bigger sewing projects other then the chair covers, curtains and pillow shams that I have made lately. I feel the bug to sew an outfit. I may just have to do that to see if I can really still do it. It is amazing how when you don't do something for a while, you loose your confidence in yourself and your ability. With sewing these things I have been taking baby steps back towards that.

This is going to be a fun weekend for me. Tonight we are going to my son's for dinner. It is the first time that he has invited me over to his place for dinner. I am really excited. Then tomorrow evening my daughter is coming. She will be staying only until Sunday. Missy, my granddaughter is going to have her senior pictures taken here on Sunday morning. I find it hard to believe that she is already a senior. A special time of life for her.

I am excited because my daughter's 2 little ones will be staying with us for a few days. As I write this I am not sure if it will be the whole week or just until through Wed. I am hoping they can stay all week. I just don't get enough time to love on them.

With the tropical storm that hit Texas it looks like it is going to spill a lot of rain all the way up here in Minnesota. I am hoping and praying that Will's uncle can get the pictures of Missy taken outside on Saturday. No use stressing about it as there is not one thing a person can do about the weather.

That's all I have on my mind this morning... Blessings to all who enter and read and double blessings on those who let me know they have been here (^_^)

Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home