Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursdays Thoughts

It is hard to believe that it is already the 19th of July. Summer is more then half over. In some ways, I am looking forward to it being over. It seems once fall hits and kids return to school (even tho we have none at our house, Jim does work for a school bus company) life in general returns to some kind of structure. In the upper Midwest, in the summer we live so hard and fast. But maybe that is true in any part of the US. Kids out of school and so much is tried to be jam packed into the nice days and no school obligations. Although vacations, picnics, ball games, the lakes, and outdoor games are fun, for a person who thrives on structure (now who do you think I am referring to? (^_^) ) it becomes weary. Along with that add a summer that is having a drought and very warm temperatures,,, well fall looks very welcoming. Fall is my favorite time of year anyway. In Minnesota all the green turns to glorious hues of red, orange and yellow and the cooler temperatures make for warm cuddly blankets.

Oh my, I really did go off didn't I?

I had a phone call last night, from my eldest grand daughter Missy. She got her drivers license yesterday. That gives me one more thing to keep on my daily prayer list. I know that she is a careful driver, but I pray that she will be wise behind the wheel of the car. You know, it just doesn't seem possible that she is old enough to drive already. And then there is Emma, who will be 16 soon and also eligible to drive. Oh my,,, where did time go? I for one am VERY happy that Wisconsin has strict restrictions on teen drivers. I think Minnesota should incorporate them as well. Some of the restrictions WI has I think are pretty stupid (like requiring a child until the age of 8 no matter how big to be in a car seat)!! How stupid. I have seen kids 8 years of age that are bigger then their grandmas. Should we put them in car seats too????

Well those are about all the thoughts that are in my head this Thursday. It has seemed like a VERY long week thus far. Sure seems like it should be Friday but alas,,,,, only Thursday.

Blessings
Sandi

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

I am with you mom. I can't wait for fall. And we got your drought! Aargh! Thank you for praying for Issa. I was really happy for her, but really sad for me... along with drivers licenses come so much freedom AND responsiblity. She is almost grown up...:(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home