Friday, June 09, 2006

11 Days to go

I went to my family practice doctor yesterday for my pre-op check up. All is a go. She found me fit for the surgery. I really try hard NOT to think about it or it scares me. My cousins husband sent me a website that had a virtual knee replacement. I started to watch it but I could not get very far into it. I really dont want to know all the details of it. Pictures in a book is fine. It was sweet of him to send it to me. He had one about a year ago. But this queezy tummy cant take that. I just know that I am praying and my friends and family are praying for me so I am trusting that I am going to have a very good outcome, with NO complications and the most minimal of pain.

Being without any anti-inflamatory drugs is the hardest part. I am able to take Tylenol but even with that there seems to be a constant ache up and down about 6 inches from my knee that feels like it is the bone that is hurting. Wonder if it really is the bone aching or just the muscels around it.

I have a cane but have not used it alot, but I think before I get to the surgery, I may have to use it. I know it is stupid pride that keeps me from using it. I remember thinking my mom was foolish not to use the cane or the walker, now I fully understand. Mom, forgive me!!!!

I chose this date for my surger back in March. I realize now it isnt going to be the most convenient for me. I will be missing out on the Moteberg family gathering at Gil's sisters lake cabin, and my "adopted" son from Belize is going to be in the Twin Cities area from the 20th to the 26th. I dont even know if I will feel good enough to even visit with him and his family and I know I wont be able to entertain. That makes me feel sad. BUT,,, I believe God has a plan for all of this, so I will just leave it in His hands.

Last night in our Bible study it said that we are more apt to grow in our spiritual life through adversity then through prosperity, so I am hopeful that my faith and spirit will grow stronger through this.

Just me,,, musing!!
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home