Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Struggling

I am a Christian.  I believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God.  I believe that I should strive to live my life according to the principals set forth in the Bible. 

My problem comes in when I look at other Christians, that profess to be "doing" all the things that God wants them to do and in many areas I see that is true in their life, but then there are areas that do NOT resemble what God has laid out for them to be in the Bible and they totally ignore that or refuse to see it.  It REALLY grates on me!!

Now I know that I am not to look at other men/women to see what Christianity looks like, and I don't.  I attempt to pattern my life after what the Bible teaches.   I do know that man is man and that, even tho they strive, they will fall short and need God's grace and forgiveness in their lives.  I know that I fall short almost daily, and I am so thankful for God's love, grace and forgiveness. However, I don't think I talk like I have it all right and everyone else is wrong.   What really galls me is when people rub it in your face as how great they are living for God and doing what He wants them to do when you can see PLAINLY areas in their life that are not being lived according to what God teaches.

OK,, I got that off my chest!!

13 Comments:

At 12:14 PM , Blogger EmmaleeJune said...

I know what you mean Mamma, even Moses was humble and told God he wasn't good enough. And when people sit around and talk about how they're doing things how God wants them to do them it seems pretty arrogant and un-christian like.

 
At 10:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post! I am writing because I'm a fan of your pages. Sometimes I also would write something to commemorate the happy moment. But it is a long time i did not write for now i am busy in my work. I am working in a pearl jewelry set company.In collage, I major in English Teaching so it has some diffilut in this field: pearl beads. Tank you again.

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Mr.Hena said...

you are right.

 
At 8:57 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

When you are tempted to look at other peoples short comings - it may be you need to look at yourself and reevaluate where you need to look more like God.

 
At 6:30 PM , Blogger Makaron Sprinkle said...

I like your work already! It's okay to vent sometimes! I understand what you mean.

 
At 3:35 AM , Anonymous nfl nike jerseys said...

The war - has deprived me both of leisure to treat adequately so great a theme and of opportunity to consult my library and my papers and to verify my impressions.

 
At 10:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I try to vent this to my fellow peers in my youth group. Completely understand where you are coming from!

 
At 3:50 AM , Anonymous ramzan said...

so nice blogger

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Sidney k. said...

Olá gostei muito das suas palavras, também sou escritor, tudo bem comecei agora, mas te peço que dê uma olhada e deixe um comentário acho que vai gostar, me ajude a compartilhar chama-se, Diário de um pensador
sidenyk.blogspot.com por favor compartilhe preciso disso

 
At 7:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice article
commercial dispute resolution

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger jennifer anderson said...

and some people are just dumb and don't fully understand the religion they profess

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger Faith, Folklore, and Friends said...

I think being 'politically correct' has made some weak. The bible is the final authority and we had best listen to it instead of men.

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Bandit flowers said...

Hi sandy, I love your blog, I am just starting out, could you please go and check mine out? Xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home