Thursday, October 04, 2012

4th Day of retirement

Today the weather has turned nasty, so windy and cold, but not rain, which we need so badly. 

This retirement thing... hmmm... It was OK Mon - Wed but today to tell you the truth, I feel lost.  I haven't done much, a bit of cleaning here and there, going through this and that, but I feel blah!!  It is hard to keep this house clean, so I find that most of my days I am cleaning, I didn't retire to clean!!  Although there are a lot of things in the house that I have let go knowing I would have time to do it, so I shouldn't complain I guess.   I have done a bit of baking, and I do enjoy that. 

I was going through some cookbooks and finding interesting recipes I want to try, so I will enjoy that.  I need to get back to my sewing machine too.  That was always a source of contentment and satisfaction and enjoyment for me.  I guess all in time, huh?

7 Comments:

At 2:35 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

Don't beat yourself up. Its all new. You will find your groove in time. And this weekend, I will help you get the place sparkly so next week you won't feel like you have to do that. And, after so many years of getting up and working every day, you are entitled to a time of not getting much done and putzing about. That is not a negative thing. It doesn't say you are lazy. You are pretty much the least lazy person I know.

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger EmmaleeJune said...

I agree with everything Mommy said!!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger stone drum said...

Been There, Done That. Voice of Experience alerts me and I do relate. Stopped working at age 50. Retired along the way. Am now 70, almost and tis glorious to meet the objective:

24 hours in a day, and what you do is up to you. King of Time: you choose and control...what does or does not get done.

20 years of special time. Not working for the man to pay the bills. Retired. Just Be. And enjoy it. Tis Glorious.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger Sandi said...

Thanks for the great words!!

 
At 10:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post! I am writing because I'm a fan of your pages. Sometimes I also would write something to commemorate the happy moment. But it is a long time i did not write for now i am busy in my work. I am working in a pearl jewelry set company.In collage, I major in English Teaching so it has some diffilut in this field: pearl beads. Tank you again.

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Makaron Sprinkle said...

You should sew a beautiful new apron and make banana bread! Oh and I just wanted to let you know that I am following you now.

 
At 3:37 AM , Anonymous nfl nike jerseys said...

This may be a counterproductive way because the students may even take in more junk food in their leisure time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home