Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Week One of Retirement

Well folks, I am retired.  This feat is not as easy as one would think.  I found out that a lot of me was tied into my job and who I was.  I can no longer say, I am an employed accountant. My last day of work was last Thursday.  Thursday night I became quite ill.  I was that way until almost noon on Saturday.  My thought was,,, "gracious, is this what retirement is going to bring me?"  But when my pep returned on Sat I was relieved.

It was a strange feeling I had all weekend thinking gotta get this done before Monday - - - and then the thought came,,, why? 

Monday came, I didn't set my alarm and that felt good.  I got up about 7:30 just in time to get my granddaughter Abbe out the door for school.  She is in 7th grade (my daughter and her 2 youngest are living with us for a while).  Then I fixed breakfast for my grandson Luke and got him out the door about 8:45.  I then got myself ready and went to my dentist appointment at 10.  No cavities,, one good thing about seeing the dentist on the first work day after your retirement.  Then back home to do a bit of chores and then it was off to Costco, CUB and Kwik Trip.  When I got home, I had to put the loot away and then it was time to start on dinner.  My son and family were coming out.  So I made a small roaster full of meatballs and gravy.  Peeled the potatoes for mashed spuds and then they arrived and all the fun and hoopla of a family being together happened.  After they went home, it was time to watch Dancing With The Stars.  (one of my favorites.)  It was after midnight before I crawled into bed, still not sure what this retirement thing is going to look like for me.

5 Comments:

At 5:05 PM , Blogger EmmaleeJune said...

It sounds great so far! It'll take a while to get into the "swing" of things, you're a really hard worker! It's going to be hard to channel that into relaxing and doing the things that you want to do! Now you can read every book you ever wanted to but didn't have time for, crochet, sew, try new recipes, going on trips and visiting family and friends! I think that once you get used to it you're going to love it! I miss you and love you!

 
At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I will come and visit you one day Emma!!
Mamma

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger EmmaleeJune said...

I was hoping you'd say that! It'd be a lot of fun, we could see Issa...lots of stuff!!

 
At 10:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post! I am writing because I'm a fan of your pages. Sometimes I also would write something to commemorate the happy moment. But it is a long time i did not write for now i am busy in my work. I am working in a pearl jewelry set company.In collage, I major in English Teaching so it has some diffilut in this field: pearl beads. Tank you again.

 
At 3:39 AM , Anonymous nfl nike jerseys said...

First of all, we know that the Japanese work very hard, often sacrificing their free time for work.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home