Sunday, March 28, 2010

Thoughts on Easter

The play we saw last night has been reverberating over and over in my mind. 3 parts in particular. One was Peter's speech. The Bible tells us he was a outgoing and in your face kind of guy. In his dialog last night he talks about how upset he is with Judas for betraying Christ and he is going on and on about it..... and then the rooster crows... and realizes that he too has denied Christ not once but 3 times in one night.

Then there was Mary Magdalene, the prostitute that Christ did not condemn her but forgave her and she stands at the foot of the cross and is crying out to Christ saying she will never take her eyes off him, because in her filth and sin, when the rest of the world would look away from her and sneer at her, Christ accepted her.

Then there was Judas after the crucifixion, trying to justify what he had done.

I saw myself in all 3 of these people.. Always seeing where someone else is doing wrong, and not realizing that I also have sin in my life. And then seeing that Christ didn't look away for me, but redeemed with his love and forgave me. And then I see myself making excuses for why I did wrong.

My soul was so awakened spiritually last night..

Thank you Riverview Baptist Chruch for the play

Sandi

1 Comments:

At 6:50 AM , Blogger Pat said...

I admire your spirituality.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home