Friday, March 26, 2010

I Came Across A Book

Yes, folks it was a real book and at my tax preparer's, of all places. Long story there, but this book, "Stick A Geranium In Your Hat And Be Happy" was there and for sale for a quarter. I some times struggle with being a pessimist when I REALLY want to be an optimist. So I thought "why not" for a quarter give it a shot. I haven't gotten very far into the book but already, it is encouraging to me. Here are a couple of quotes from the book

"We cannot let our burdens
paralyze our progress"

and then resolutions for avoiding misery

Choose to love - rather then hate
Choose to smile - rather then frown
Choose to build - rather then destroy
Choose to persevere - rather then quit
Choose to praise - rather then gossip
Choose to heal - rather then wound
Choose to give - rather then grasp
Choose to act - rather then delay
Choose to forgive - rather then curse
Choose to pray - rather then despair


Have a happy day!!

3 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Blogger Pat said...

That is very inspiring. Many people forget the "choices" they do have and spend too much time on the crap that comes their way without thinking that they have a CHOICE in how to deal with them that will make them easier to deal with.

I myself forget that a lot and am trying harder to "Choose" a different path of thinking to stop myself so much self stress. Not always easy though.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Tonja said...

I love that! It is so true. I seem to be at a similar place in my life, and I am DETERMINED to choose good and positive over bad and negative.

Love you mom.

Tonja

 
At 10:27 PM , Anonymous Paula said...

I read that book years ago. It was great. Patsy Clermont or something. You will think you have never had a bad life ever after you've finished it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home