Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wed. St. Patricks Day

Well I am not Irish, but I will say Happy St. Paddy's Day anyway. I am not wearing green, and I plan on having taco's for dinner. Not rebelling.. that's just what the menu brought up. I wish there was a Swedish day that we celebrated. Well there kind of is around Christmas St. Lucia day. Maybe I will make pault that day!! Of course unless Eric or Tonja is at the house, I will be the only one eating it... but I will be LOVIN it.

Today is the 2nd day of wearing the "boot". I took it off last night to shower. The doc told me to wear it all the time, but I don't think he meant in the shower, and well, I didn't want to wear it to bed either. But I got it on and I got it laced up this morning. It feels really tight today. Maybe I tightened it too much, or,, it is just rebelling from being tied up for a second day.

Today was the first day I took the steroid. I am such a wuz when it comes to taking new medications. I should NEVER read the things that CAN happen if you take a drug because for the first 2 hours after I took the pill this morning, I was sure my tongue was swelling and my throat was closing, and I was getting dizzy.... well that didn't last long when I got engaged in doing something that got my mind off it.

This afternoon, it is just Mark and I here. Carol and Ben are on vacation and Sue took the afternoon off to go celebrating. She is part Irish. She said not to expect a perky Sue tomorrow.

It was great sleeping an additional hour. At least for today it made a world of difference in how I felt about coming to work. Thank you Mark!!!

Well that's the update for today...

Just me signing off

4 Comments:

At 4:48 AM , Blogger sandwhichisthere said...

There is a Swedish holiday and it occurs every month that has a Friday the thirteenth. That was the day that lutefisk was invented. Things have gotten better since Jansen's Temptation was invented to replace said epoxy.

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger Sandi said...

I wonder what Jansen's Temptaion is. I will have to ask my cousin.

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Maybe this extra hour of sleep will go a long way to helping you endure until retirement time...whenever that maybe. Mark will not be happy anytime you retire..be it now...in 8 months or in 2 years. You are just too darn good to let go!

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Maybe this extra hour of sleep will go a long way to helping you endure until retirement time...whenever that maybe. Mark will not be happy anytime you retire..be it now...in 8 months or in 2 years. You are just too darn good to let go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home