Friday, October 02, 2009

A place to vent without all the world knowing

Here it is the end of a week after the end of vacation. Jim and I had a great time. We saw a lot of neat stuff and we went went went and didn't realize it until we got home last Sunday when we both colapsed into our chairs. It wasn't until yesterday that I felt like I had some of my energy back. One just doesn't realize how much vacation can take out of a person. The thing I really like the least about a vacation is staying in hotels. However we stayed at LaQuinta hotels for all but one night and they do have the most comfortable beds. I didn't have a complaint of any of the beds for comfort. We saw Andrew Jackson's home, the Grand Ole Opry, Studio B where Elvis did all his recordings, the Country Music, NFL, and Rock and Roll Halls of fame. All were very awesome. But some of our best times were when we connected with relatives and freinds that we had not seen in some time. Gil's sister in Nashville, our friends from Livonia, MI met us in Cleveland, Jim's daughter in Chicago and my daughter in Merrimac, I guess it those things what we hold most dear to our hearts that we enjoy the most.

When we returned, we had a 5 gallon pail of tomatoes that we picked from the garden. So on Monday night I canned 9 pints of tomatoes, (the very ripest). Those 2 tomato plants that we planted were super producers for us. Kim picked a couple dozen while we were gone, and I had picked many and given away before we left. I think that maybe they will slow down now with the cold damp weather that arrived when we got home. I hope that we have some nice weekends, as we need to get out there and clean out the garden beds and get them ready for winter.

I have been so busy on the evenings besides the canning on Monday night with things that have needed to be done that I really need to get to a grocery store and do some serious grocery shopping. Tomorrow we are going to take Faith out for a birthday lunch as we wont be celebrating her birthday with the family until the 17th when we will be celebrating Faiths and Luke's together, as Tonja and family will be here that weekend. I will have to think of something special to do for Luke on his birthday date on the 24th. Have to put my thinking cap on.

On Sunday night there is a business meeting at church. I normally don't do church business meetings but there were so many changes while we were gone those 2 Sunday from church. Our pastor took a 2 month sabbatical as he was emotionally and mentally worn out, then our worship leader for the 2nd service quit. WOW,, I was blown away, so I am a little interested to see where the church is going to steer the flock during this time. After the business meeting there is a concert so I am sure that will be good.

We have been needing rain so bad. Yesterday and today are rainy. I am very very happy about that, but it makes me want to curl up with my blankie and take naps. Oh maybe that is cuz I am still recovering from vacation (^_^)

I want to start a "Crossroads List", like Craig's list for our church. I mentioned it to one of the elders but I have not heard a word back from him, so I imagine the rest of the elders were not to hep on that. (pout) I think it would be a great way for a body of Christ to give to each other or help each other out. Oh well. Guess it wasn't meant.

Well I have gone on long enough,, I guess I am vented out.

Ta-Ta
Sandi

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM , Blogger Tonja said...

I love you mom! I think that is an awesome idea! Don't give up on it. Bring it up again in a few months, or share it with some others in the congregation, then a group of you who love the idea can go to leadership with the idea again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home