Saturday, August 01, 2009

This Morning's devotion

Satisfied??

It comes from "When God Whispers Your Name"

I will quote from it as I cannot paraphrase good enough. He said we are not satisfied in life and then:
"As a child we say, "if only I were a teenager." As a teen we say, "If only I were an adult,". As an adult, "If only I were married." As a spouse, "If only I had kids"... We take vacations of a lifetime.. We satiate ourselves with sun, fun, and good food. But we are not even on the way home before we dread the end of the trip and begin planning another.

We are not satisfied. Contentment is a difficult virtue. Why?

Because there is nothing on earth that can satisfy our deepest longing. We long to see God. The leaves of life are rustling with the rumor that we will - - and we wont be satisfied until we do."

This spoke to me so deeply this morning. When I feel like I am discontent, I need to go to the Bible and seek God and pray,,, and then perhaps some of my "longings" will be satiated until we see HIM!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home