Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Chamomile Tea

Tonight I bought my favorite night time tea. It is called Celestial Seasonings Honey Vanilla Chamomile. It is such a soothing cup of tea just before bed time. But I got a bonus with this box. On the back of the box is a poem of sorts, and it spoke to my heart and I want to share it with you.
If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again
-
If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less
-
I's do less correcting
and more connecting
-
I'd take my eyes off my watch,
and watch with my eyes
-
I would care to know less,
and know to care more
-
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites
-
I'd stop playing serious,
and seriously play
-
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars
-
I'd do more hugging, and less tugging
-
I would be firm less often,
and affirm much more
-
I'd build self-esteem first,
and the house later
-
I'd teach less about the love of power,
and more about the power of love.
-
Tonja and Eric, I am sorry I wasnt more like this.
I love you both so much
Mom

1 Comments:

At 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have no fear. I'm still hoping that I can be like this with my kids...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home