Thursday, December 21, 2006

D - O - N - E

Done!!!!! That is my word for the day!! Last night I felt like I was done!! Done with wrapping Christmas gifts. Every gift that I have bought for Christmas this year is wrapped!! This is 5 days earlier then most years. hehehe. I usually find myself madly wrapping on Christmas Eve day or night. Not this year. Tonja is coming into town today. At least she claims she is. We are having nasty weather moving through our area (right now rain here but a promise of freezing rain or sleet or snow or slush) ICK... and I have asked her to not come if it is bad. She says, that she is so eager to come and she is coming no matter what!! So if you read my blog, please say a prayer for her!!! Anyway, I wanted to be all done, so I could spend as much time as I could with her and the family when they are here. I had a thought this morning as I was getting ready that maybe I needed to bake some more. BUT,,, I had a talk with Mz Sandi and told her that if 7 kinds of cookies are not enough, then 8 or 9 different kinds wont be either,,, so we are going with what we have.

Needless to say with my mission to get every gift bought and wrapped, my house has taken a back seat and truely needs my attention. Since Tonja wont be here until later tonight, I will turn all my attention to getting it shaped up a bit. But when the family hits home, no one will know that I had cleaned it up.. Maybe things have changed. Maybe they are all neat as a pin now, since they visited last (^_^)

Today the Christmas Spirit has really hit me. I guess it is the realization that in spite of the brown landscape and warm weather, it is still the celebration of Christs birth!!!

I dont work tomorrow. Really looking forward to some time with Tonja and the grandkids.

Well thats my thoughts for this morning.

Blessings
Sandi

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good news! There's snow on the ground! It'll be a white christmas!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home