Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas: It came and Swoosh, it was gone

What a great time. Tonja and family arrived on Thursday evening (yes amidst the worst weather we had for the season, but she said only the last mile after turning off the highway was anything slippery) and she was here until yesterday afternoon. Friday was spent with Tonja (alone for a couple of hours shopping, but at least I had her to myself) and then with Abbe and Luke and Rissa. I took Luke and Abbe shopping for thier Mom and Dad and then in the evening Jim and I took Abbe, Luke and Rissa to see Happy Feet. A really cute movie. Saturday Maurissa, Emmalee and I went shopping and then out to lunch. In between was lots of gift wrapping (by them, remember I was all done) and game playing and on line (the teenagers) and lots of laughing. Christmas Eve morning we went to church at 9:30. When we got home, we had a light lunch and we sat around playing games until about 4:30 when we put on our festive clothes and got ready for dinner. Before we ate, we lit candles and turned out all the lights in the house but for the Christmas tree, we held hands and sang "Silent Night". I didnt sing much as the tears fell as this wonderful warm feeling of having my family and my husband there holding hands pondering the gift we had been given so long ago that we were celebrating, was not in vain for my family. Because as far as I know each and everyone of them have accepted the gift of salvation.

After the feasting, it was time for pictures. I promise my next post, I will attempt to put some pictures here. And after that, came the exchanging of gifts. I love to give presents. I love to see the looks and hear the "Yessssssss" and the Wow's when my loved ones get something that they really wanted. After that it was time for more games, but it was also time for Mamma and Grandpa Jim to hit the sack. The "younger set" stayed up and played games and watched movies.

Christmas morning brought Santa presents and then it was scrambled eggs, ham, toast and bagels for breakfast, before it was time for more games and fun. About 3:00 PM my heart became sad as the Myers loaded up thier gifts and belongings (along with an easy chair and tiller YEAH) and headed for WI. Tears,,, Yup,, they fell again. This time for Abbe and Faith. Those 2 little cousins love each other so much and are each others best buds. They get to see each other so seldom. Then it was tears for me as they actually drove off. I am glad that Eric and Kim stayed for about 30 minutes longer and I could love on Faith and Joe and them for a bit longer. At least I know that I will see them in a week or 2. I am thankful for that.

Well thats about it for this time.

Blessings to all.
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home