Thursday, February 02, 2012

I Got Taken - Let The Buyer Beware

Last fall I signed up for "deals" from Amazon Local.  It is a "deal" offer from Amazon.com like Groupon etc.  Well what I signed up for was I paid $59 plus $20 for a trip charge, for someone to come and clean 1500 square feet of your home.  Well today was the day I decided to have them come and do it as I am having a Superbowl party on Sunday. I got all the clutter put away and they arrived at 1 pm, Miracle Maids, they were called.  It was a man and a woman.  They asked what I wanted done, I showed them the 2 bedrooms and the 2 baths, kitchen and living room and told them to clean those rooms.  At 2 there was a knock at Jim's door saying they were done!!!!!  I was shocked, but they left and then I checked out their work.  I was appalled.  They had not even put a cloth to the kitchen sink, they had not wiped off around the bathroom stool, or the stool itself.  They did not shake the rugs, and they didn't take the scarfs off the surfaces to dust them. 

I AM ANGRY!!  But maybe I am angry at myself.  I should have called the lady I had last spring.  She was here 6 hours.  Cleaned my stove, wiped down all the blinds, cleaned my non carpet floors on her hands and knees, wiped down spots on the wall, cleaned the patio door window, all the mirrors in the house plus all the vacuuming and dusting which she removed all scarfs and shook all the rugs.  I paid her $175.  It was a bargain compared to what I got today!!!

They say live and learn.  I guess I just learned a lesson!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home