Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve 2011 ramblings

Here it is New Years Eve and I am home, right where I want to be.  However, I do wish we had some friends or family here to play some cards or games with.  Jim is watching The Bourne Ultimatum and I am not into suspense movies with violence.  So I am putzing on the computer.  We did have a nice dinner at home of steak and lobster tail.  It was very good. 

I woke up early this morning and so this afternoon while there was endless basketball games on TV I napped in the recliner for 2 hours.  So I hope that I can get to sleep tonight.  No plans for tomorrow or Monday.  I might start taking down some of the Christmas decorations.  Once I get into January a bit, there seems to be no energy in me to do that after working all day.  Next Saturday I am going to my friend Paula's church for a women's mini retreat and when I get home from that we will be heading to my niece's son's hockey game.

A friend emailed me that their family came back after being on vacation for a week.  Isn't it something how when people you love are out and about that it is a relief when you know they are back safe and sound.  They were not sure that they would be back until tomorrow, but heard the weather reports (which are for 1 - 3 inches of snow after rain turning to slush then to snow tonight with winds gusting to 50MPH.) and decided to beat the storm.  Glad they did.

I have been thinking about growing older.  It is a good thing it comes a little at a time.  Because if one day you felt like you were in your 30's and like a million bucks them BAM you turned a certain age and suddenly you were experiencing all the effects of being 65 in one day, well I am not so sure many people could go on.  I don't know.  Maybe it is just me that thinks that way.  I suppose in some cases because of accident or illness that happens and I can imagine it is VERY rough to take. 

Well I just seem to be rambling on about nothing, so I am going to say so-long for this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home