Sunday, December 11, 2011

I Get So Upset

It was Jim's birthday yesterday.  He has 4 kids.  Of the 4 one,,,, ONE,, called to wish him a Happy Birthday.  Not a card, email message - - - NOTHING!!!!  

I know that my 2 kids would do anything to have their Dad here to wish Happy Birthday.  I don't care what kind of relationship you have had with your dad, and I know it was never terrible, he is still your father and that alone should earn him respect.  I don't know what it was like before we married, but since we have been married I know that he has NEVER ignored their birthdays.  Usually we take them out or have them over and what does he get in return??? NOTHING, not even an indication they acknowledge it.  To rub salt in the wound, both my kids either called or sent him an email card.  I don't get it. 

Well I guess that is a long of enough rant!!

4 Comments:

At 4:29 PM , Blogger Pat said...

Being the family person you are, I can understand how upset you are but...how upset is Jim?

It does take years before things like that becomes habit and them to reciprocate.

Hang in there..maybe one day they will show they care.

 
At 12:51 PM , Blogger EmmaleeJune said...

Aw, that sucks. Poor Grandpa Jim. It always makes my heart hurt when I see kids being horrible to parents who love them. Its not fair. I actually didn't know it was Grandpa's birthday, otherwise I would have called too! I feel bad for that, next year I will remember.

 
At 9:36 AM , Anonymous Kelline said...

Sandi, is it Sandi? Sister, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you have full blown clinical depression. I encourage you to seek some help for it. The profound sadness that I read in your posts is beyond that of a "bad day." I too have depression and it's different from just that unusually bad day we have. Please seek help. I will pray for you!! God bless you.

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Sandi said...

Kelline, I do not think I have depression. I was just really upset with my husbands kids for so totally ignoring him on his birthday. One day he will be gone and then they wont have a dad to wish happy birthday to anymore. Maybe they wont care. I dont know. But I must add that all of them EVENTUALLY made the call and wished him a happy birthday. So I do have to give credit where credit is due.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home