Monday, January 12, 2009

January in Minnesota

BRRRR, it is cold and getting colder. We are having a typical Minnesota winter. We have not had one like this for at least 7 years. I think we forget how Minnesota winters can be and the cycle of the warm winters, I do believe has turned and we will have a few rough ones for a bit. But it seems it snows about every 4 days or so. I am thankful that we do not have feet of snow like some places in the Midwest have had.

Yesterday I rode with my niece 2 1/2 hours to meet my sister Judy. It was so good to see her. We had breakfast together and spent about an hour visiting and then we turned around and headed back home. My sister Judy looks great. She has lost so much weight. I wish I had the will power that she has.

The ride with my niece was fun. She is so much fun to visit with. She lives not far from me but I don't see her very often. It is a shame that we get so caught up in our daily lives that we don't make more time for extended family. Anyway, even tho it is cold and snowy I am so thankful that I got the chance to spend that time with my niece and my sister.

Blessings
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home