Thursday, November 06, 2008

From my son's blog

Copied word for word from his blog and I might add without his permission, but I pray he will forgive me. I think it is GREAT.

"In my researches on Government and Taxes, I found the following quote:
Our true choice is not between tax reduction, on the one hand, and the avoidance of large Federal deficits on the other. It is increasingly clear that no matter what party is in power, so long as our national security needs keep rising, an economy hampered by restrictive tax rates will never produce enough revenues to balance our budget just as it will never produce enough jobs or enough profits… In short, it is a paradoxical truth that tax rates are too high today and tax revenues are too low and the soundest way to raise the revenues in the long run is to cut the rates now.
This was from a former President who saw the devestating effects of tax increases on the the American Economy. He was also a President who was facing a world on the brink of war. He had a country with nuclear missiles aimed at America and its allies. He was extremely popular, but had enemies who wanted so much to kill him.
Now many of you might be thinking that a Conservative “Small-’L’ libertarian” like me would be talking about Ronald Reagan, and this was true of him. But the above quote was taken from none other than President John F. Kennedy. Today’s Democrats would do well by heeding this great man’s words
."

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have liked to see you put a link to my blog, at least, for this post... But, as long as the message gets out... ;)

 
At 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good!

 
At 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read your article, if I just would say: very good, it is somewhat insufficient, but I am

still tempted to say: really good!
Personalized Signature:面对面视频游戏,本地棋牌游戏,本地方言玩游戏,打麻将,玩掼蛋,斗地主,炸金花,玩梭哈

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home