Friday, May 23, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

It is Friday before Memorial Day. A 3-day weekend looming. My heart should be singing and happy but it is not. I just seem to have lost a lot of my zest for life. I cant put my finger on one certain thing, but I think it is a combination of things.

I don't like getting old and not having the energy I used to have to do things. I am finding it harder to be a parent to adult children then it was to be a mom when they were little and living under my roof and rules. Not that my kids are bad or in any trouble, they are not. They are great wonderful Christian adults raising their kids that way. I love spending time with them and they are very good to me. What more can a mom want? I just worry about them a lot in this day of raging inflation and a world that seems to have gone in the crapper. And, even though Jim and I have been married for 4 years now, there are still those adjustments that I am dealing with. So I guess it is a combo of all of that, that is making me feel very melancholy today. BUT,,, tomorrow it is Saturday and we are having a BBQ with Eric's family and I know that will be a good time and my spirits will feel lighter.

This global warming has to stop. My plants will freeze if it doesn't,,,,,,, Get the satire there???

Last night Jim and I planted the front flowers. Well Jim was on his knees planting and I was handing him the plants (another thing that gets me down, cant be on my knees anymore after the knee replacement, but I wouldn't take it back. I love not having pain in that knee) and then I watered them. This weekend the rest of the plants go in and if they don't grow because it is too cold they just wont grow and if there is frost and they die,, I am not replanting.

I heard that the corn crop is at a threat because of the cold. Can you imagine what that is going to do to food prices? I guess I am in worry mode today!! For me, I think I could go without food for a month, and then I just might start to look like a normal person!!!

I cut the tip of my finger yesterday and wow, that sure does like to stay sore. Never thought it would be do tender there. But it calls attention to itself a lot.

Well I have gone on and on and probably no one will read it, at least they don't let me know they have, but it is therapy in a way.

S

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM , Blogger Pat said...

I agree, aging is not fun and I too am feeling it creep up on me.

MY kids too are struggling but they do have to do the best they can like we did at their age.

Sometinmes just writing down our feelings let us look at them in a new light so write just for the heck of it!!!

I rea dit although I don'talways comment here on the blog but I do in my emails.

You are a part of my life Twinsy...a big part and sometimes I guess I forget to tell you. But now you know.

Wo else do I have to vent to and who else would believe me? ROFL
My life is not exactly normal is so many respects.

Maybe you can start your day with 3 things you are thankful for.

Myself...I am thankful that my kids do have a home, food and jobs. Many don't have that. How they handle it leaves me very distraught too but it is their life and I try so hard to not butt in but it is darn hard sometimes. I do not where you are coming from. We both walk the same path and that is why we are Twinsies.

hugs,
Pat

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Pat said...

OOPS...
I meant.. I DO know where you are coming from...I guess I need to check over it more carefully before posting huh?

 
At 10:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi, it is me Marian. I wish I could just give you such a big squeeze and tell you that all will be okay. But life is crazy and it doesnt just work that easy. I go through the same thoughts and worries that you do as I to am a mom to adult sons. Two are doing okay, they work hard and are good guys and the third is a great guy but being a single father with twin boys he is the one that my heart cries for the most. He never complains but a mom can look deep within her child and know that all is not well with the world. He is the son I have been helping by taking care of the twins for the last three years. The guys are getting so big and they are my life and happiness, doesnt say much for my private life does it? I know that I problably shouldnt say this, but I know that a lot of your sorrow and heavy heart comes from the loss of your husband Gil. You know how special he had become in my life and after your special love for each other, I just don't think you will ever lose that love or feelings for Gil. If only we could turn back life, but we cant, but sometimes just taking the time to relax and go off alone and thinking of those happy years and memories can bring some comfort to our aching hearts. And hearts do ache dont they? Mine does for all the ones I have lost and I still am finding it hard to deal with the loss of my marriage. I never thought I would be feeling so alone at this point in my life. But I let myself have my pity parties for an hour or two and then get mad at myself and look around and count my many blessings and know that the Good Lord has never left me. I try to grow closer to Him each day with prayer and realizing how blessed I am in this life. Ok, enough about all that stuff. I love your special fence and flowers, they are so pretty and cheerful. I love the fence the kids have built for you, how lovely and caring they are to you. You are truly blessed Sandi. Now wipe off those sore knees and give it a real try at having a nice day and remember you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Even though we have never met, I love you very much and I care deeply for you and your happiness and well being. Now go forth and spread the love of the Lord and enjoy the day.

Your friend in Michigan,
Marian

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger Sandi said...

Ahhh Maian,,,, Thank you... I just got back from WI and will be posting about all that as soon as I get caught up a little at home and work.

Blessings to you
Love and hugs
Sandi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home