Wednesday, April 30, 2008

In Loving Memory of My Sister Phyllis


Phyllis Land
May 12, 1935 - April 30, 2008
This morning I lost my sister Phyllis to ana-plastic thyroid cancer. She was diagnosed in October of 2007. From the beginning the doctors told her it was the very deadliest form of cancer. We of course did not want to believe this and we prayed and asked God for healing. In January of 2008 she had a body scan and they found none in her body but the little at the thyroid that they were unable to get. But I guess after that it must have attacked her body with a vengeance. She started radiation and chemo in February but pulled her self out of it a couple of weeks ago and called in Hospice. Her husband and daughter Jan stayed with her at home. Jim and I went to visit her last weekend. She was just a shadow of this vibrant full of life person she used to be. We were there Fri to Sun and we watched her quick decline in even those 3 days.
She will always be remembered by me and my family. My children learned about the farm by staying with Phyllis and Randy on the farm. We all were treated to her and Randy's hospitality as we were always welcome to stay at their house when we made trips to ND. Her famous caramel rolls and dinner rolls are famous, not just in Kulm, but many states where she shared those goodies. She was a dynamic cook and loved to entertain and did it so lavishly. She worked circles around me and she made the Energizer Bunny look lazy.
Phyllis, my dear sister, you will be missed. See you in Heaven.
Love,
Sandi

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Blogger Pat said...

SIGH.....


((SANDI))))

Twinsy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home