Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Realizations

Yesterday we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ. As our pastor was speaking about what Christ has done, and that he had done it for me, in my mind I was wondering how could that have been for me as an individual who was born over 1900 years later. Then I remember how when my first granddaughter was born, how much love I felt for her. I would give my life for her I love her so much. When Tonja told us she was pregnant again, I was afraid that I would not love this next grandchild. I couldn't imagine sharing that love that I had for Missy with another baby. When I walked in and saw that new little miracle, I realized that I didn't have to share that love with Missy, I was given a whole new batch of love for Emmie that was just as strong, and so it went with each grandchild that was added. It helped me to understand that God, through and in Jesus Christ, loved me enough 1975 years ago to die for me. Because he is God, he already knew I would be coming into the world, and all that love that he had for those people that had already been born, he knew he would have that same love for me and so he made a way for me too.

Thank you Lord for the beam of sunlight into my soul

Blessings
Sandi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home